Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Movie Review- Cowboys vs. Aliens- Post 7



Movie Review : Cowboys vs. Alien

I love sci-fi movies from Independence Day to Predator these movies make me smile. I especially love it when they mix genres. Cowboys vs. Aliens movie had all the essentials to make it a great sci-fi. Western are good, one of my favorites would be Tombstone. Tombstone was great because it was an interesting story, the actors were top notch and the action and drama mixed very well. On the other hand I love Predators and any sci-fi because it is so surreal that you want to know more and see how our hero will save the day. So mix two good genres and you get this movie.

So what do you need to make a good movie. 1. Good actors. Most people will know Daniel Greg as "James Bond" so you have name recognition right away. He did a good job, not a man of many words but in most sci-fi movies you don't need a lot of words to make it great. Example The Terminator. Arnold would barely speak English when he did the original Terminator and that was a great movie.2. Good supporting role. There is no better actor as supporting role than Harrison Ford, Mr. Han Solo himself. He kept you guessing as to what he was thinking and what kind of guy he was. His role outshone Daniel Craig s character in my opinion but then nobody can out shine Han. 3. Good action. This movie started with a bang and kept me interested the whole length of the movie. I hardly wanted to go to the rest room which I might add can lead to clinical problems.

I just love this concept because few directors/writers ever tackle this. The technology between there to society's are so vast but the cowboys in the end overcome the gold loving aliens with the help of native american Indians. I know, it sounds very unbelievable and stupid but that what sci-fi is all about. I for one will continue to view movies such as this and love them. No matter what the stuck up "critics" say about this movie I encourage everybody to see this movie and if you don't like it than it's your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment